Exchange product information across different PLM systems
In today’s world of global manufacturing, product development teams need to exchange information with multiple groups, including external partners and internal teams. Yet, each different organization will often use its own PLM system. Friction and miscommunication may arise when one group imposes software usage requirements on the other, or when both organizations opt for a “shortcut,” and work outside the context of a data-managed environment.
Windchill PLM Connector offers the ideal solution because it enables you to exchange Creo Elelments/Pro files and associated metadata across Windchill-based systems, dramatically improving communication and collaboration between internal departments, as well as external suppliers and partners.
Features & Benefits
- Improve efficiency of collaborative product development and design and manufacturing outsourcing
- Enable each organization to maintain product data management control over its intellectual property
- Enable easier design collaboration with suppliers who design sub-components as part of an OEM product design
- Integrate and manage a complete product which was designed by multiple groups or suppliers
- Share standard library components with suppliers
- Share design information with global manufacturing locations or partners
- Usage flexibility
- Enjoy the flexibility of role-based licensing for ad-hoc sharing with individual team members, and server-based licensing for regularly scheduled, automated information sharing