Multi-CAD Product Data Management for Small and Medium Businesses
Windchill ProductPoint greatly enhances product development processes by extending the capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint—an industry-leading solution for simple, file-based collaboration. Now it’s easier than ever to share CAD and other structured data between dispersed internal and external teams.
With SharePoint as its foundation, Windchill ProductPoint exemplifies social product development, namely, the convergence of Microsoft's social computing initiative—the use of social networking technologies and associated Web 2.0 services for business-related purposes—and product development activities. The result: A heightened degree of collaboration, productivity and effectiveness in the use and leverage of CAD data across organizations.
Features & Benefits
- Introduces social product development by extending social computing and associated Web 2.0 technologies to the product development arena
- Enhances CAD data-sharing, CAD vaulting, CAD file management and work group collaboration through multi-CAD support (Creo Elelments/Pro Wildfire 5.0, AutoCAD, Mathcad, et al)
- Through its management and versioning of CAD data, offers advantages over network drive-based storage systems and FTP sites, thus enabling effective concurrent engineering
- Provides a minimal learning curve due to familiar Microsoft environment
- Inherits the easy and fast deployment characteristics of SharePoint
- Delivers a low total cost of ownership
- Complements existing implementations of Windchill product lifecycle management solutions